Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: modern convenience rambling diatribe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    modern convenience rambling diatribe

    After tearing down the big rig and setting it back up again I decided to start
    working on integrating the play back system with TVs, etc.
    Here's the first iteration of the setup:
    http://www.superbadcat.com/images/ne...tereopic02.jpg

    First I had to return the cable box because while the component worked the hdmi did not pass audio. aggravation 1...
    Second...I gave up on trying economically resolve a digital output from the TV
    ...not worth it... aggravation 2
    Third...audio hum on analog output...aggravation 3
    ... resolved this issue as the cable company did not properly ground the incoming cable.
    Fourth...there are subtle differences in operation I have no patience in remote control
    design... aggravation 4...but did get basic operation of the tv down to 1 remote.

    With my computer filled with audio in iTunes and a dvi to hdmi adapter providing a
    nice view of the computer from the tv...I remembered I had an iPod touch.
    There is an application called Remote for the iPod which will allow wi-fi connectivity with
    the computer when it runs iTunes and will allow control. Ah! Now that would be cool.
    More aggravation...had to free up C hard drive space ....waited two hours and 'voile' and I got space again.
    Then had to update iTunes...
    Then had to update the iPod... three hours later of my life I will never get back but then
    it only takes 5 minutes to download the 'remote' app and I must admit it now works like a breeze.

    I can sit on the couch and browse my playlists and select music...it is kinda cool.
    Here's a display of what the remote app looks like on an iPod touch:
    http://www.superbadcat.com/images/newstereo/remote1.jpg
    http://www.superbadcat.com/images/newstereo/remote2.jpg
    http://www.superbadcat.com/images/newstereo/remote3.jpg

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: modern convenience rambling diatribe

    I feel your pain...

    Kinda makes calculating impedance pads and properly applying line xfmrs look.. uhmm... convenient.

    A+ for perseverance!
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.